Press Relations and Communications Officer
Position : Press Relations and Communications Officer
Location : Paris (France) with travel to the field when required
Reports to : Executive Director
ABOUT FRIENDS OF THE GLOBAL FUND EUROPE
“Friends of the Global Fund Europe” is a non-profit organization created in 2005. Its mission is political advocacy for global health and the fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, particularly for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Based in Paris, it operates in Europe both nationally and internationally. Its activities aim to raise public awareness among decision makers and stakeholders on the three epidemics and global health, and to help mobilizing resources to fight these diseases especially to the benefit of the Global Fund. It covers cover a wide range of advocacy initiatives from health research programs to implementation and evaluation falling within the scope of the three epidemics as well as all issues related to the Global Fund – and of advocacy targets likely, in particular public decision-makers, parliamentarians, civil society organizations and influential figures in global health. In order to reinforce its communication strategy, Friends of the Global Fund Europe is looking for a communication and press relations officer.
The Media Relations & Communications Officer (MRC Officer) is a member of Friends of the Global Fund Europe (FoGFE) team. He/she will use all forms of media and communications to build, maintain and manage awareness of FoGFE’s work supporting and promoting the Global Fund Against Aids Tuberculosis and Malaria and more widely global health issues. The Officer will be expected to help create and communicate key messages to defined target audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Media Relations : MR&C Officer will be responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media representatives.
Liaising with the executive director, and staff and consultants based in the countries :
- Prepare articles, press releases, press kits for the media, and plan and oversee press events
- Regularly solicit stories, and notable developments or achievements to the news media
- Liaise with the Global fund
- Enhance effectiveness of press function and the accuracy of communication system
- Create effective communication channels and enhance collaborative working relationships with the media at national and European level
- Manage timely the information flow to the media and to the staff and consultants
- Ensure that Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s image is properly and coherently protected and promoted – Monitor and detect public relations issues as they emerge and mobilize required contacts and means to address them
Communications and social media
- Develop and implement a strategic social media and communications plans to achieve Friends of the Global Fund Europe goals and to broaden awareness of Friends of the Global Fund Europe activities across key audiences
- Advise on communication tools and, when required, coordinate communication events
- Contribute to the messaging to external parties and assist staff and consultant with development of communication materials.
- Develop a stakeholder management process by creating and maintaining a contact database articulated with the communication plan that targets key stakeholder groups.
- Own all relevant social media platforms to generate in Friends Europe priority countries increased engagement and positive sentiment in favor of the fight against the three diseases and for the Global Fund
- Creating new, innovative and talk-worthy content to drive awareness and engagement
- Coordinate with staff and consultants to lead execution of integrated social media plans
- Recommend new social media tools, sites, and applications and be ahead of all the emerging social and mobile trends.
- Advise and contribute to Friends of the Global Fund Europe’s website
- Intermittent domestic and/or international travel
Education and skills
- MA in communications, media relations, international relations or other related field
- Five years of relevant work experience with demonstrated skills in communications and public relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to cultivate internal and external relationships especially with the media
- Skilled with social networks and IT
- Good knowledge of international humanitarian environment especially global health
- Experienced in event coordination or management would be an additional asset
Compulsory : English and French and German
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org